Fellowships and funding
Fellowships and funding > Dean’s Fellowship
This prestigious award is for highly qualified incoming domestic Ph.D. students. The Dean’s Fellowship provides tuition, health insurance and $30,000 of annual support. This award is a commitment for four academic years plus summers. Fellows hold a 50% FTE Graduate Research Associate position working with faculty conducting research in their field of interest.
- Are first-year Ph.D. students
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Have an undergraduate engineering degree from a major state university or top private college
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and GRE scores in the 70th percentile or higher (when required by the program)
- Brings a strong passion for research with some research experience as an undergraduate and/or other significant industry or leadership activities
- Apply to one of our engineering graduate programs by December 31
- Full tuition and health insurance
- $30,000 annual stipend
- Award valued at (tuition, insurance, stipend) approx. $55,000 per year
- Financial support to remain the same throughout your Ph.D. program
- Involvement in recruiting
Note: Fellowships require a faculty nomination during the application process.