Summer Research Initiative (SURI)
Summer Research Initiative 2024
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University offers summer opportunities for qualified students to gain engineering research experience at a top research university. Participants acquire an in-depth understanding of what it would be like to pursue a PhD degree through an 8-week summer research program. Eligible U. S. citizens, permanent residents and ASU-sponsored F1/J1 visa students receive a $5,000 stipend and some living expenses. Research projects across a wide range of engineering fields are available. Students between the junior and senior years of their undergraduate degree and those pursuing Master’s degrees who are considering pursuing a PhD will be given highest consideration. Participants work under the mentorship of research faculty for the 8-week long research program and have opportunities to network with industry partners, other faculty and their peers through a variety of events and activities. Tentative program dates for Summer 2024 are May 28th to July 19st and subject to change.
How to apply
Individuals interested in applying should prepare to submit the following materials through the SURI online application system:
- Completed online application.
- A resume/curriculum vitae.
- A copy of your transcript (official or unofficial).
- A brief statement describing your interest in participating in SURI which may include your interest in or plans for graduate education; research interests; any relevant research, academic, or work experience; and your goals and how SURI will help you achieve them (up to 500 words).
- Documentation of English-language proficiency (international applicants only)
Application for Summer 2024 will open December 1 and close February 1.
For any questions about the program or the application, please reach out to [email protected].
“The program’s diversity was a valuable aspect. Interacting with peers from various disciplines and backgrounds broadened my perspective and taught me to appreciate different approaches to problem-solving. It fostered an inclusive learning environment where everyone’s unique expertise was celebrated.”
– SURI 2023 Participant
SURI 2023 Opportunities (achive)
SURI 2022 Opportunities (archive)